Do you dream of:
- Using advanced equipment and innovative techniques to create tons of cool stuff
- Inventing, designing, and building high-tech precision parts and tools used worldwide
- Programming and operating industrial CNC machines to create products from engineering blueprints and specifications.
Engineering and Emerging Technologies - Machining is offered at all campus locations. Enroll and prepare for further education, advanced certifications, and immediate employment. OSTC can help you find the light at the end of your tunnel.
Indispensable Skills and Essential Functions
All programming at OSTC is grounded on students having the competency to develop universal skills that are essential to employment. Individuals considering enrolling should exhibit the potential to learn the following industry relevant skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to lift 50 - 100 pounds
- Able the identify and use tools and machines to complete job tasks
- Work in loud spaces
- Comfortable working with hazardous motors, machines, and sharp objects
- Possess eye, hand, and foot coordination
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to interpret technical instructions containing mathematical calculations and diagrams
- Ability to complete detailed, precision work
- Able to tolerate vibrations
- Able to tolerate exposure to magnetic fields
- Able to tolerate exposure to extreme heat and sparks