Do you dream of:
- Building and maintaining residential and commercial construction projects
- Operating power tools and heavy equipment for demolition and construction
- Reading blueprints for rough and finished carpentry, masonry, electrical, and plumbing.
Construction Technology is offered at the Northeast, Northwest, and Southeast campuses. Enroll and prepare for further education, advanced certifications, and immediate employment. OSTC can help you find the light at the end of your tunnel.
Indispensable Skills and Essential Functions
All programming at OSTC is grounded on students having the competency to develop universal skills that are essential to employment. Individuals considering enrolling should exhibit the potential to learn the following industry relevant skills.
- Work at elevated heights
- Able to lift 50 - 100 pounds
- Able the identify and use tools and machines to complete job tasks
- Complete repetitive physical tasks
- Work in weather extremes
- Work in confined spaces
- Work around moving machinery and hazardous equipment
- Work on uneven surfaces
- Tolerate fumes and dust
- Use safety protocols during exposure to caustic chemicals and hazardous materials
- Work in loud spaces
- Possess eye, hand, and foot coordination
- Able to stand for long periods of time