Do you dream of:
- working alongside professionals in hydroponics, veterinary science, sustainable agriculture, environmental engineering and conservation
- conducting dynamic hands-on activities and experiments in animal, plant, and environmental sciences
- using advanced technology to develop ethical and viable solutions to real-world environmental problems
Agriscience and Environmental Technologies is available at the Northwest and Southwest campus. Enroll to prepare for further education, advanced education, and immediate employment. OSTC can help you find the light at the end of your tunnel.
Indispensable Skills and Essential Functions
All programming at OSTC is grounded on students having the competency to develop universal skills that are essential to employment. Individuals considering enrolling should exhibit the potential to learn the following industry-relevant skills.
- Interest in science, animals, and environmental systems
- Work in weather extremes
- Exposure to allergens, bee stings, pesticides, pond water, and manure
- Willing to do dirty tasks
- Ability to lift 50 - 100 pounds
- Ability to operate small machinery
- Eye, hand, and foot coordination
- Attain stamina for long periods of time
- Ability to apply scientific method